Monday, November 28, 2011


So close to eating my foot!

After coming home today I was so excruciatingly hungry that I didn’t think I would have enough energy for a crazy complex dinner, so I took out the old go-to dinner, and one of our favorites: Sliced Sausage cooked on a frying pan!

Ingredients:
1 Pre-cooked sausage or kielbasa. Hillshire farms make some good ones, we buy ours from Sam’s Club.
Frozen Broccoli (Can be fresh too, broccoli also from Sam’s Club)
Minced Garlic
Seasoning (I used Cajun Salt this time)
Sauce (Optional, I used spaghetti sauce)

Directions:
1) Cut up sausage into 1/3 inch slices, slap them on the frying pan.
2) Pour frozen broccoli into saucepan with cover. Steam it up till tender. Add a little bit of water on the bottom to keep from burning. Toss in some Minced Garlic and seasoning of your choice for flavor
3) When sausage is all nice and heated up, add in spices and sauce of your choice. Continue heating until reduced to desired amount.
4) For fun I added some Giardiniera to the mix.
5) PLATE IT UP. EAT.



Obviously this is ridiculously easy and delicious, and can be adjusted in any way to suit whatever flavor you are craving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment