Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Adventures with Buckwheat, Part 1



Buckwheat Pasta with simple Tomato sauce and Parm cheese
So Buckwheat is technically a seed from a plant that I was told was in the rhubarb family. It is not a form of wheat, so it is technically Paleo Safe. I honestly don’t miss pasta too much but I figured I would give it a shot. I was being optimistic, but Danny looked entirely grossed out by it.
Here is the brand of spiral pasta that I got:



I followed the directions on it as best I could but it turned out to be a nightmare… and surprisingly Danny was the one that ended up liking it, mostly because it tasted like Kasha. The consistency was grainy and mealy. I couldn’t drown it in enough sauce to make it decent. Moral of the story this was a fail, but here is how I made it anyways

Ingredients:
Buckwheat Pasta
Boiling salted water
Tomato Paste
1 can of diced tomatoes
I tablespoon of Ricotta Cheese
Oregano, Parsley, Salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan Cheese

Directions:
Cook the pasta per the bag’s instructions, then start swearing at the pasta for not cooking properly, drain and serve in bowl.
Mix the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, ricotta and seasonings on stove top to create the sauce until it is hot.
Serve on nasty excuse for a pasta and add a nice layer of Parmesan cheese to mask the flavor
Scarf down as quickly as possible, regret everything. Vow to never make again.



No comments:

Post a Comment